This is the first module of the African Angel Academy’s Active Angel Series. This series of modules will build on AAA’s Angel Investing Foundations course. The content draws on research and first-hand experience of the AAA team, as well as experienced angel partners.
Who is this module for:
This module is intended for both angels who would like to learn more about and join a syndicate, or for angels who have participated in a number of syndicated deals and would now like to learn how to lead and put together a syndicated deal.
In this fast-growing, competitive and dynamic investment landscape, syndication has emerged as a powerful tool to access larger deals, mitigate risks, and multiply returns.
The Syndication Module learning experience entails:
- Learn about the syndication process, which includes common syndication structures, and key considerations for joining or starting a syndicate from seasoned African angels.
- Meet other angels interested in syndication for collaboration opportunities.
- 6 months access to the online content via our learning platform for 6 months. The online content contains a range of learning resources: lecture-style videos, expert angel interview videos, additional resources, legal primers and templates, and a discussion forum.
- Live Zoom Welcome and Networking Session & Syndication masterclass, with expert guest speakers.
- Register and pay before 8 August to join this mini AAA cohort.
- Access to virtual content (AAA virtual learning platform): Monday 14 August
- Welcome and networking (Zoom): Tuesday, 15 August 2023
- Syndication Masterclass, featuring legal experts and experienced angels as guest speakers (Zoom) Tuesday, 29 August 2023
Harness the power of collaboration: Learn about syndicating deals as an angel investor in Africa!
FOR ANGELS, BY ANGELS
This module features experienced angel investors from across the African continent, sharing their first-hand experiences on syndicating deals in Africa. These experts are also featured in the online course’s video modules, and in live masterclasses as part of the cohort programmes.