Startup Showcases – 15 startups from South Africa, Kenya, and Nigeria have been selected to showcase for investment in our regional events.
You’re invited to join us for the upcoming Startup Showcase events. These events are the final stage of the current UK Government’s International Tech Hub Network sponsored programme with participating angels from Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria and the United Kingdom; and we’ve decided to open up the invite to our broader investor community.
The African Angel Academy will be running three startup showcase virtual events (South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria) from 25 – 27th of January 2022. These startups have been nominated by angel community and partners in the regional countries as high potential deals to pitch at the showcases.
Startups selected to pitch at these events, will also be accompanied by the endorsement from the ecosystem player/angel investor. Information about startups will be made available prior to the events. In the past, the showcase events have proven to be valuable networking and fundraising opportunities for the startups involved.
About the Showcases >>
We will be running three Startup Showcase 90 minute virtual events in January. Each region will have 5 startups that will present to investors. You may elect to only attend the country most relevant to you, however you will receive information on all events.
South Africa – Tuesday, 25th January 2022, 17:00 – 18:30 (GMT+2)
- Jobox – Jobox is the gig-economy for students. They provide work experience opportunities to students whilst they are studying to increase their level of employability by gaining soft skills through freelancing. Jobox is an existing portfolio company raising its next round of funding.
- Zindi – A B2C market place connecting African data scientist to consulting opportunities. Zindi is a a place to learn, hone skills and find a job. The platform showcases African data science talent to the world.
- Level Finance – Level is a daily money management platform that provides employees with an affordable way to save and invest before payday, get visibility into their net pay in real-time for better budgeting, and access to their earnings ahead of payday — with no hidden or predatory fees.
- Sense IT – Sense-IT is a HealthTech company that guides new parents through the first confusing and overwhelming year of their baby’s life.
- KasiRooms – Kasi Rooms is a real estate platform tailored to the township market – utilising a tenant / landlord rating system, it is conceptually an Airbnb model for townships. Kasi Rooms currently operates in Gauteng (Thembisa and the Surrounds)
Kenya – Wednesday, 26th January 2022, 18:00 – 19:30 (GMT+2)
- BabyBliss – BabyBliss is an omni-channel technology platform that allows engaged communities, educated by relevant local content, to access trusted products and services that meet their needs.
- ZemoCard – Zemo is a spend management platform transforming business banking for SMEs in the African Sub-Saharan region. We are doing this by initially enabling them to eliminate wasteful spending, provide credit, Track & Control spending, Vendor payments, Accounting, Invoicing, and Payroll services.
- SuperFluids – We create accurate “personalized credit scores” using everyday businesses transactions and thus enable more commerce to happen faster.
- Dohyangu – DohYangu offers cashback on purchases and deals in multiple retailer stores, which in turn helps these retailers retain customers through tangible loyalty, increase footfall and revenues, and grow.
- Buymore – Buymore is simplifying trade between retailers and service purveyors for Africa. We have developed and deployed a B2B cloud based retail platform that automates retailers’ business operations and enable service purveyors to digitize their distribution chains with ease and cost effectively.
Nigeria – Thursday, 27th January 2022, 16:00 – 17:30 (GMT+2)
- DriveMe – We are building a platform that connects the transport industry with verified service providers and products. Driver matching, administration, and driver education are typical problems within the logistics and transport businesses in Africa. We are solving these problem through DriveMe.ng.
- GetEquity – GetEquity is a platform that allows retail and institutional investors to invest in private companies. We also provide infrastructure for institutions (funds, syndicates and companies) to manage their equity portfolio structure
- Kapsule – Kapsule is a SaaS company on a mission to increase access to authentic and affordable medicines in the developing world, starting with Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Vybe – Vybe is a mobile-based matchmaking platform designed for Africans on the continent and abroad.
- PayGas – PayGas Nigeria limited is a French Nigerian essential energy provider which has disrupted traditional household cooking, by dispensing the quantity of gas (LPG) delivered at a patented cashless micro refilling station, to the amount that customers can afford: PAY AS YOU GAS.
- ShiVent – ShiVent has developed a non electric and non invasive ventilator designed with 4 distinct features to suit the needs of sub saharan health facilities- simplicity of use, low oxygen use, non-electric and low cost. Our customers are public and private health care institutions.
Register and book your seat to join us at any of the showcases you are interested in attending.
For more details on the Academy, visit www.africanangelacademy.com
You May Also Like…
Cohort 8 startup showcases - Startups from Ghana, Rwanda, Zambia, Tanzania, and Uganda have been selected to showcase...
African Angel Navigating the Valuation Maze: Insights for Early-Stage Investors By Stephen Gugu Last week, I had the...
FAQs about the African Angel Academy Programme Q: Who is the AAA Programme intended for? A: The AAA Programme is...