Cohort 8 startup showcases – Startups from Ghana, Rwanda, Zambia, Tanzania, and Uganda have been selected to showcase for investment in our regional events.
You’re invited to join us for the upcoming startup showcase events! These events are the final stage of Cohort 8 of the AAA Programme, with participating startups from Ghana, Rwanda, Uganda, Zambia, and Tanzania. We’ve also opened up the invite to our broader investor community.
The African Angel Academy will be running five startup showcase virtual events from 24 October – 8 November 2023. These startups have been nominated by the angel community and partners as high-potential deals to pitch at the showcases.
Startups selected to pitch at these events will also be accompanied by the endorsement from the ecosystem player/angel investor. In the past, the showcase events have proven to be valuable networking and fundraising opportunities for the startups involved.
About the Showcases >>
We will be running five 90 minute virtual startup showcase events. Each region will have 3 or more startups that will present to investors. You may select to only attend the country most relevant to you, or you may attend all events.
Ghana – Tuesday, 24 October, 17h00 – 18h30 (GMT)
- Syka – Syka offers immediate access to banking services through mobile, web, and USSD platforms, provides easy access to credit for SMEs and creditworthy individuals, and offers access to tailored investments, all delivered through simple, affordable, and accessible products.
- Eracew Limited – A sustainable and renewable tech company whose product is waste, they provide a digital platform for users to manage their waste effectively, with their system users can request for waste pick (Uber waste) and also trade waste (Amazon waste).
- DercolBags Packaging Limited Company – DercolBags is a sustainable packaging firm, empowering women entrepreneurs to replace single-use plastic packages with eco-friendly packages for a cleaner environment.
- Medbox Data – Medbox data provides a cheaper vital monitoring device system for people who can not afford it , as well providing them with remote medical advice support via our software platform. Their current customers are pharmacies and people who want to monitor their vitals.
Rwanda – Wednesday, 25 October 2023, 17h00 – 18h30 (CAT)
- Tabiri Analytics Inc – Tabiri Analytics Inc is a cybersecurity monitoring and threat detection company that specializes in providing advanced cybersecurity solutions to a diverse range of customers. Their core mission is to protect organisations from cyber threats by offering cutting-edge monitoring services.
- Project Sufuri – Project Sufuri is a social enterprise committed to revolutionizing the African fashion industry through innovative tech solutions. Their mission is to empower African fashion designers by providing them with the tools they need to thrive in the digital age, promoting community, accessibility, and inclusion.
- Payingtone – PayingTone is a marketplace that provides ecologically trackable products & services on credit. They strive to offer their customers the lowest possible prices, the easiest access to monthly recurring products services, and the utmost convenience.
Tanzania – Thursday, 26 October 2023, 17h00 – 18h30 (EAT)
- Medikea Inc – Medikea is a unique click-and-brick healthcare provider that combines app-based telemedicine care together with in-person outpatient care at our physical clinics, to make healthcare easily accessible. They offer convenient medicine delivery and at-home lab tests, so patients can skip the hassles of long hospital visits and high bills, as well as avoid waiting rooms.
- Tunzaa Fintech Inc. – Tunzaa Fintech is a mobile and web app that makes it easy for everyday Africans to buy products and services from their vendors through making payments in installments, using a save now pay later model, with reminders and gamification designed to improve their financial habits.
- Yes:id – Yes:id aims to make it easy for consumers to prove their identity in emerging markets. They work with fintech, insurtechs, other service providers and government.
Uganda – Tuesday, 7 November 2023, 17h00 – 18h30 (EAT)
- Level Africa – Level is a digital invesment solution for African capital markets. They enable individuals, groups and institutions to invest in Africa’s high yield markets easily, safely and dependably. Their priority target market is Africans in the diaspora who are looking to invest back home.
- Jabedo financial services – A micro lending business providing capital to small women entrepreneurs that are unbanked or underbanked. Their aim is to provide access to finance for this silent majority.
- Waape – Waape helps companies automate hiring and unlock access to quality tech talent services, and employment data on-demand. They create AI Automation Tools for hiring managers and startup founders to assist them with resume screening, interviews, skill assessments, reference checks, culture fit analysis and onboarding assistance.
Zambia – Wednesday, 8 November 2023, 17h00 – 18h30 (CAT)
- Hrvst/Aiponics – Hrvst is a marketplace currently connecting B2B and later B2C consumers to fresh produce suppliers. Through the use of proprietary franchised urban container farms and cutting-edge technologies like aquaponics, AI, and IoT, their mission is to position Africa as the global breadbasket.
- Kwelan – Kwelan is a leading peer-to-peer car sharing platform in Zambia, connecting vehicle owners with renters through an intuitive app. Vehicle owners can earn extra income by renting out their cars, while renters enjoy convenient and affordable transportation solutions.
- Duniya Healthcare – Duniya Healthcare is an AI powered, B2B marketplace that connects retail pharmacies and health facilities to pharmaceutical wholesalers and manufacturers.
For more details on the Academy, visit www.africanangelacademy.com