Startups from South Africa, Kenya, and Nigeria have been selected to showcase for investment in April’s regional Startup Showcases.
You’re invited to join us for the upcoming African Angel Academy Startup Showcase events , in partnership with the UK Government’s International Tech Hub Network.
The International Tech Hub Network has sponsored three cohorts of the African Angel Academy over the past two years, training and networking 240 emerging angel investors from Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria and the United Kingdom. At the end of each programme the cohort, alumni and AAA’s broader angel and hub partner network nominate investable startups that they would like to see present at the showcase. AAA will help to facilitate connections and conversations between the startups and interested investors after the events.
The April Startup Showcases will take place between 11 and 13 April, are open to alumni and investors in our network.
- Nigeria Startup Showcase: 11 April, 5-6.30pm (WAT) REGISTER HERE
- South Africa Startup Showcase: 13 April, 5-6.30pm (SAST) REGISTER HERE
- Kenya Startup Showcase: 13 April, 5-6.30pm (EAT) REGISTER HERE
About the Showcases >>
Each Showcase event will be 90 minutes long and five startups will be presenting. Each startup will be introduced by the investor or ecosystem player who nominated them, and then we will play a short pre-recorded pitch. After the pitch, the startup will field a few questions, and interested investors will also have the opportunity to ask further questions in a break-out session. All attendees will be emailed after the events with the details of the startups, so that you can indicate your interest in being involved in a follow up call with the startup and other interested investors.
NIGERIA – Monday, 11th April 2022, 17:00 – 18:30 (WAT)
- 234parts.com – 234parts.com is an automotive maintenance marketplace for spare parts, workshops and other vehicles related value added service. Our platform is able to match unique spare parts to multiple vehicle, ease vehicle and part identification, locate a workshop around you using GPS and order pre- post repair diagnostics on most passenger vehicles.
- FANtastic – We develop games based on popular formats like predict & win, fantasy football and sports trivia. We give users access to a limited number of free games and charge a subscription fee for access to premium games with significantly higher rewards. We partner with businesses looking to leverage our unique subscription model for use in customer loyalty schemes and to drive transactions.
- PharmaServ – Pharmacy-as-a-service platform that connects health brands to their healthcare providers (pharmacies, hospitals) to enable them to raise LPOs, manage delivery schedules, back-orders, make payments seamlessly. Our customer archetype are health brands, pharmacies and hospitals.
- PayMi.Cash – PayMiCash is a fast, secure, cost-effective, and simple to use payments platform. It allows its users (primarily unbanked and lower-income earners heavily reliant on remittances) to make daily transactions and transfer funds cheaply, quickly and securely using any mobile device connected to the Internet (or via USSD).
- Trifta – Trifta enables low-end users from MSMEs and financially underserved communities to access financial services which include savings, loans, small investments, money transfers and payments. Trifta is based on the traditional contributory thrift savings system used commonly across financially underserved communities in Nigeria.
SOUTH AFRICA – Tuesday, 12th April 2022, 17:00 – 18:30 (SAST)
- React-habita – We’re developing the react-habita™ “Care Hub”, an in-room wellbeing, personal safety monitoring and communication service. React-habita will provide the benefits of technology accessibility and connectedness to vulnerable, elderly and disabled dependents in South Africa (and other African markets in the future) by smartly combining the benefits of IoT sensors, AI, audio-text and Cloud solutions into a single product for a low monthly cost.
- Munch – Next-generation hospitality solution for restaurants. We help restaurants run simple and profitable.
- Prim-U – Prim-U is a marketplace that connects beauty suppliers to Africa and connects beauty professionals to clients delivering convenient, unmatched and on-demand salon experiences to women of Africa, growing their businesses.
- HealthDart – Launched in January 2021, HealthDart has partnered with local pharmacies, doctors and nurses to create a hybrid health network that enables digital first and cost-efficient health journeys for the underserved.
- Cliqx – Cliqx connects your circle. Through our online matchmaking app, you can connect friends in your network who are looking for love, friendship, or business associates. Our users are looking for serious and authentic connections in a safe and convenient environment.
KENYA – Wednesday, 13th April 2022, 17:00 – 18:30 (EAT)
- BuuPass – BuuPass is a platform that enables long-distance transport operators to digitize their operations and connects them to travellers to book their tickets online. Transport operators can manage their operations, inventory and sales through our bus management system (BMS). We then connect them to our marketplace, where travellers can search, compare and book their tickets across different channels, including websites, apps, USSD code and APIs consumed by super apps.
- Chpter – Chpter. is building fast one-click checkout for merchants in Africa. Our software assists merchants to checkout customers and accept payments both online and in-store with just a single click. Our goal is to power the 100 Million + Small Businesses in Africa.
- Thumeza – Using small-scale transporter’s real-time operational data recorded on our platform and contracts as collateral, we provide a continuous source of credit that allows transporters to service their current contracts and reach for larger ones.
- Maramoja Transport – MARAMOJA is an AI-powered Transport and Logistics platform built for Africa (and Emerging Markets), creating a paradigm shift by opening up the continent’s long tail and giving non-technical entrepreneurs the technology they need to be more profitable and efficient.
- Zydii – Zydii is a workforce upskilling platform enabling African businesses to upskill employees. We provide an affordable solution with both online and offline (USSD & SMS) learning channels plus localized relatable content.
Register and book your seat to join us at any of the showcases you are interested in attending.
You May Also Like…
The latest ABAN African Investment Survey 2022 is out. This annual survey builds on the Angel Investing in Africa...
Exits Masterclass Recap: The final masterclass took place on 29 September, covering a popular topic: exits. This...
We’re back with our final set of Startup Showcases for the year. This series of events will give our pan-African angel...